“Faith cannot be just words or beliefs, but must reach out to others, especially those in need”
By becoming a volunteer in your parish or community, you are choosing to actively take part in creating a better world for those who are less fortunate. You will be part of a network of volunteers that help people in parishes understand more about issues of global justice. You will support initiatives during the seasons of Lent, Creation and Advent. We will provide training throughout the year to support you in your volunteering.
Examples of Parish or Community Volunteering:
- Highlighting Trócaire’s annual Lenten appeal in your parish e.g., creating a Lenten sacred space, distributing Trócaire boxes, displaying posters, speaking at Masses when invited.
- Promoting and selling Trócaire Gifts during Advent and Christmas.
- Organising a local fundraising event for our emergency appeals e.g., table quiz, sponsored walk.
- Promoting activities themed on Pope Francis’ encyclical, Laudato Si’ on care for our Common Home.
- Encouraging your parish to get involved in campaigning and advocacy work on themes related to justice and peace.
- Thanking parishioners for their support of Trócaire and sharing stories that show the impact of Trócaire’s work overseas in parish newsletters and local media.
Benefits of Parish and Community Volunteering:
Visit our Parish and Community Page
- Living out your faith and values as it relates to justice and human dignity.
- Playing a part in tackling global poverty and injustice.
- Using your existing skills and learn some new skills.
- You will become part of a team and meet new people with similar interests.