Trócaire 50th Anniversary ConferenceLearn More
It is essential that developing countries are not adversely impacted by Irish policy making.
This briefing paper outlines specific actions in 5 key policy areas which should be prioritised by members of the 32nd Dáil to bring Irish policy into coherence with its development and human rights commitments including:
1) take action on climate change,
2) commit to public financing for development,
3) robust regulation of multinational corporations,
4) strengthening response to humanitarian crises, and
5) ending impunity for human rights violations in occupied Palestinian territories.
There is also a shorter document available which summarises the 5 key areas for action.
Download Development Priorities Policy 2016.pdf
Download Trocaire Development Priorities 32 Dail Summary.pdf