Slider call to action group.
Use our Lent Liturgy Resources in your parish
Pastoral and Liturgy Resources for Parishes and Community Groups
2015 Lenten Liturgy, plus useful supplementary pastoral and liturgy resources are available for download here. This Lent we introduce you to Mahlet, who lives in a community in Ethiopia experiencing the serious impacts of climate change.
Contact the Parishes Team if you would like to request a Trócaire speaker for your parish mass or community group event during Lent.
This course aims to create a space for reflection on how mercy is both experienced and expressed in our lives, in the Scriptures, in our Church and in the work of Trócaire. The course consists of four sessions over four consecutive weeks, and is particularly suitable to the seasons of Advent or Lent. Each session takes 60-80 minutes.
Just Faith is an exciting programme devised by Trócaire in co-operation with the Offices of Evangelisation and Ecumenism in the Archdiocese of Dublin.
The programme encourages young people to engage with their faith in a personal and global context.
Cry of the Earth: A Pastoral Reflection on Climate Change
'The Cry of the Earth' is a Pastoral Reflection on Climate Change from the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference, 2014.
To accompany this, Trócaire has developed 'GLAS', a pastoral resource.
‘Action at a global level, as well as every individual action which contributes to integral human development and global solidarity, helps to construct a more sustainable environment and, therefore, a better world.’
- The Cry of the Earth: A Pastoral Reflection on Climate Change from the Irish Catholic Bishops' Conference
- GLAS: Pastoral resource to accompany The Cry of the Earth
- Video: GLAS resource companion film
- Presentation to accompany first GLAS study session
- Register your interest in the GLAS Award with Eco-Congregation Ireland (email)
- Video: Dr Lorna Gold on The Cry of the Earth and Trócaire's climate justice work
- Video: Find out what other people in Ireland think about climate change
- Online resources: Visit Trócaire’s Climate Justice page to find out what you can do in your daily life to live more sustainably
Trócaire was set up in 1973 by the Bishops of Ireland to express the concern for the suffering of the world’s poorest people. Read their Pastoral Letter establishing Trócaire.
Quotes and reflections
A selection of inspirational quotes and reflections on social justice issues for your use during Lent.